National Osteoporosis Network
National Osteoporosis Network has been formed and organized to establish national policies and guidelines for the research in the field of osteoporosis and related health conditions. National Osteoporosis Network is a virtual network which links between different organizations and individuals such as research centers, educational institutes, government departments, and researchers. The network is formed or dissolved only by the authority of the minister of Health and Medical Education of the Islamic Republic of Iran.
The network aims to contribute to the advance of general clinical and scientific knowledge in the field of osteoporosis by laying the foundation for advancing basic medical science, promoting a more clinically focused research, and improving care coordination for those who are affected by the disease.
Objectives of the network may be summarized as follows:
• To develop a comprehensive network for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in order to prevent from potential complications.
• To establish a searchable database in order to conduct research on the epidemiology and complications of disease in Iran.
• To facilitate capacity building and prioritizing in research at a national scale.
• To enhance communication and exchange of information among Iranian and foreign scientists.
• To publish national guidelines for prevention and management of osteoporosis.
• To find the right balance between pure basic sciences and clinical medicine.
The Board of Founders is consisted of five to seven members who are elected by the Research and Technology department of the Ministry of Health and Medical Education of the Islamic Republic of Iran. The head office of the network is located at EMRI. Membership of the network is drawn from physicians, hospital administrators, researchers, and academic staff of the organizations working in the field of osteoporosis.
The full body of data can be accessed on the web as follows: http://emri.tums.ac.ir/Osteonet