Our Strategic Plan
EMRI Strategic Plan
As the highest ranking medical research institute in Iran, the Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Institute has remained in the vanguard of building and strengthening research culture and conducting clinical and basic medical sciences research projects.
Moreover, it has played a key role in heightening public awareness, peer education, and provision of clinical services in the field of non-communicable disorders with a focus on diabetes, osteoporosis, and metabolic diseases.
EMRI has a common and clear set of values which underpins all that it does:
- Expanding boundaries of science is a matter of utmost divine and Islamic importance.
- Medical research is of the best value when it can be employed by clinicians to improve the quality and efficiency of their services or results in promoting public health.
- Dignity, Islamic ideology, and ethical principles have priority over any research project or novel technology.
- Justice is the mainstay of all our research projects and activities.
- Human resource is the most valuable asset of EMRI and all endeavors need to be done to gratify it.
- Enhancement of research and knowledge production
- Expansion of professional and graduate education and capacity building in training.
- Promotion of translational medicine by enhancing communication between clinic and laboratory.
A: Enhancement of research and knowledge production
As the highest ranking medical research institute in Iran, EMRI is bound to emerge as the most preeminent medical research institute in the Middle East based on the international ranking criteria.
- Acceleration of knowledge production and increasing the quantity of research conducted at the Institute.
- Upgrade the quality of research.
- Improve research productivity of the staff.
- Keep with ethical and legal standards based on Islamic and humanitarian principles in all aspects of research.
- Create and implement research strategic plans for research centers.
- Define research priorities based on the vision and mission of the institute.
- Focus on fundamental and basic medical science research in various fields of endocrinology.
- Advance the quantity and quality of research in terms of design and research method.
- Expand and improve coordination and foster collaboration between EMRI and partner research centers of the Ministry of Health and Medical Education of the Islamic Republic of Iran and international research centers.
- Find interdisciplinary gaps in the field of endocrinology and endeavor to bridge them.
- Focus on local scientific achievements and national research for the purpose of publishing as well as being ambitious to publish international research.
- Improve the quality as well as increasing the quantity of the EMRI publications so that they can be of a better scientific international standing.
- Support research related to translational medicine.
B: Expansion of professional and graduate education and capacity building in training.
While being ambitious for conducting world class research, EMRI must provide educational opportunities that inspire both medical and basic medical sciences students and graduates to better serve the nation and the Moslem world as a whole, to challenge, to take responsibility, to lead, to build problem-solving skills, and to maintain its position as the highest ranking medical research institute nationally.
- Narrow interdisciplinary gaps in the field of endocrinology and metabolic disorders.
- Focus on research based education.
- Define needs and educational priorities in both general and specialized levels of medicine in the field of endocrinology and metabolic disorders.
- Attract, develop, and retain Iranian academic staff of the highest caliber and facilitate their employment as the faculty.
- Bilateral partnership with both Iranian and foreign experts in all aspects of endocrinology and metabolic disorders.
- Publish reference books and educational material.
- Capacity building in provision of scholarships and training courses.
- Design and deliver short term educational and training courses for health care professionals.
- Build mutually productive partnerships with international nongovernmental organizations and related research institutes.
C: Promotion of translational medicine by enhancing communication between clinic and laboratory.
EMRI aims to be of the highest national ranking and excellence in terms of translational medicine and applied medical knowledge production in Iran.
- Focus on national priorities in research.
- Become technologically self sufficient in the field of endocrinology.
- Adopt a unifying national framework in the field of translational medicine.
- Expand internet based research and educational resources.
- Design and implement novel research and educational models with prioritizing regional and local research in the field of endocrinology.
- Capacity building in order to improve collaboration with partner organizations in a national, regional, and international level.
- Expanding capacity building therapeutic partnerships with health care professionals and clinicians in the field of endocrinology.
- Capacity building for a more efficient mutual interaction between EMRI and patients as well as the public.
- Enhancement of internet-based educational and research projects and expanding the use of the internet as the main communication tool.
- Deliver the most novel and updated knowledge and educational material in the form of seminars, conferences, workshops and the media programs.
- Endeavor to update national references and resources in the field of endocrinology based on the most novel global scientific achievements and technology.
- Supporting local and national inventions and innovations and assisting in patenting them.