Collaboration with World Health Organization
We are proud to be a WHO Collaborating Center since 2007 and very happy to announce that Regional Steering Committee of WHO Collaborating Centers has extended the WHO collaboration with the institute for a further period of four years up to 2023.
EMRI, being re-assigned as the WHO Collaborating Center in "Research and Education on Management of Osteoporosis and Diabetes," aims to be in the vanguard of combating the two disabling diseases locally, regionally, and internationally.
The Agreed Terms and References(TORs) of EMRI as a WHOCC are as follows:
TOR 1 To support WHO in its work towards reduction and early screening of diabetes, osteoporosis and their complications, through training and capacity building
TOR 2 To support WHO to monitor and evaluate Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through a systematic effort on data collecting, processing and developing analytical models
Joint activities of the WHO and the institute include:
1. At the request of WHO, provide comprehensive training on diabetes and diabetes foot management adapted for health care professionals working in primary care in EMR countries
2. At the request of WHO, provide trainings osteoporosis for health professionals and general public in Persian speaking countries.
3. At the request of WHO, provide training on development of smart implementation of NCDs risk factors survey (STEPs)
4. Support WHO in the estimation of cost of illness for specific six diseases introduced in SDG 3.4 and their related risk factors using secondary data and analytical model
5. At the request of WHO, project achievement of SDGs at national and sub-national levels for the countries in the EMR