The Endocrinology Ward of the EMRI is located at Dr. Shariati Teaching Hospital and is consisted of a whole ward with 27 beds offering inpatient services. Patients are usually referred to the ward by EMRI clinics such as the Diabetes Clinic.
This ward collaborates actively with other departments and divisions of the EMRI such as laboratories and imaging facilities.
The Diabetes Clinics were formed as a response to the need for a multi-disciplinary healthcare system for diabetic patients. The clinics aim to achieve this goal via utilizing modern technology and innovative approaches to diabetes care and are committed to providing peer education and raising public awareness.
The clinics also facilitates close collaboration among researchers, clinical scientists, dieticians, clinical endocrinologists, ophthalmologists, nephrologists, podiatrists, neurologists, and other clinical specialists who are involved in the various components of diabetes care.
Diabetes Clinics of the Endocrinology and Metabolism Research Institute have set goals for improvement of the quality of lives of patients living with diabetes as well as for prevention and management of complications.
These goals are:
• Clinical diabetes service delivery in a well-equipped modern clinic.
• Provision of both group based and individualized patient-education and clinical recommendations.
• Performing all necessary diagnostic procedures at a well-equipped modern laboratory.
• Delivering various clinical and educational services in a single clinic so that to obviate the need for time-consuming and costly transportation of patients.
• Designing and organizing educational tutorials and seminars for physicians, nurses, and dieticians.
• Collecting data and providing the opportunity for clinical research projects.
• Collaboration with other research institutes and universities both in Iran and overseas in order to improve clinical service delivery.